Friday, 26 October 2012

Q & A : Heather Ross - Senior Vice Chairman



Q:Where were you born?
A:I was born in Wickham, Hampshire

Q:What is your earliest memory?
A: When I was about 4/5, I remember hearing air raid sirens and my Dad getting my sister and me out of bed to hide under the dining table as there were in the fields bombing close by.  The fields were those mentioned recently on Wartime Kitchen.

Q:When did you get involved with the WI?
A:I have always known about the WI as my Mother was a member, but I didn’t join until the early 80’s.

Q:What made you join the WI?
A:I went along with a friend – out of noisiness probably!!

Q:How long have you been a member?
A:I have been a member for about 30 years and have been President in each of the WIs to which I have belonged in Hampshire, West Sussex and West Yorkshire

Q:What does the role of Senior Vice-chairman involve?
A:I work to support Helena as Federation Chairman and the Board of Trustees

Q:Tell us about your career.
A:I have worked in a Post Office, at Marks & Spencer as a supervisor on the food department and also in a small catering business

Q:Tell us about your family.
A:I have a husband and a granddaughter who is 16.  She is in her 2nd GCSE year and plans to go into higher education to take a degree in Zoology

Q:What are your hobbies?
A:Craft, craft & more craft!  Anything to do with quilting, patchwork, embroidery, knitting and beadwork really

Q:What is your favourite book?
A:I don’t really have a favourite book, but I do like Lesley Pearse books, especially Remember Me

Q:Tell us something about yourself that will surprise people.
A:Held a live alligator whilst in Florida