Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Q & A: Sue Stothers - Honorary Treasurer



Q: Where were you born?
A: Eccleshill in Bradford.

Q: What is your earliest memory?
A: I was 6 years old and my sister had twins at home.

Q: When did you get involved with the WI?
A: I joined in 2005.

Q: What made you join the WI?
A: I had just moved to Bardsey and I didn’t know anyone. I saw an advertisement for it and have been going ever since.

Q: What does the role of Treasurer involve?
A: The role of Treasurer is to watch the finances of the Federation and make sure we stay in a profitable situation.

Q: Tell us about your career.
A: I have mainly done office work. For the last 20 years of my career I was a manager in a recruitment agency.

Q: Tell us about your family.
A: I was the youngest of 7 in my family. I have 1 son who has 4 children and two step children, who both have 2 children.

Q: What are your hobbies?
A: I like sport. I enjoy playing croquet and watching tennis as well as reading, crosswords and Sudoku.

Q: What is your favourite book?
A: I don’t really have a favourite book, but I read a lot of Peter Robinson books and I enjoy detective stories.

Q: Tell us something about yourself that will surprise people.
A: At one point I was a pub landlady.