Saturday, 26 January 2013

Q & A: Natalie Walker - Assistant Secretary



Q. Where were you born?
A. At St. James’ Hospital, Leeds

Q. What is your earliest memory?
A. My first memory is when I met my friend Harriet in the ‘Home Corner’ at nursery when we were aged 3.  Also around the same age, my brother (then aged 13!) broke my tricycle riding it down the garden path.

Q.When did you get involved with the WI?
A. I have been coming into the office since I was 6 weeks old with my Mum (Liz -Federation Secretary), but started working as Assistant Secretary in June 2009.

Q. What does the role as Assistant Secretary involve?
A. I take care of all the Federation ‘social media’ matters (blog, Facebook, Twitter), along with     Membership enquiries.  I also distribute tickets for events and draft the Q & A profiles for           Committee members for WYN and WI content for the Year Book.

Q. Tell us about your career
A. As well as working one day a week for the Federation, I attend Leeds Trinity University in Horsforth where I am studying for a degree in Journalism and work as a party host at Jack-a-boos in Farsley on Sundays. I am about to start work placement at Ross Parry (a news agency) and will be a guest Editor for the March WYN.

Q. Tell us about your family
A. I live with my Mum, Dad and cat Marmite and have an older brother & sister and a chap called Reece.

Q. What are your hobbies?
A.I like to read books and magazines and enjoy creative writing and patchwork when time allows.

Q. What is your favourite book?
A. My favourite book is ‘Tell it to the Skies’ by Erica James and I do like girly books apart from the Shopaholic series.

Q. Tell us something about yourself that will surprise people.
A. I had a poem published in ‘Great Minds of South & West Yorkshire’ when I was 13 and have a large shoe collection!